We are thinking of the Converting Corridor from Green Bay to Milwaukee. However, Wisconsin has over 220 companies with Converting Capabilities across the State! GBIG will be breaking out what is Converting to better understand the industry and its impact on the State of Wisconsin. In the past, we simply lumped Converting into one category and included it with the Paper Industry in annual sales revenue.
Marinette, Oconto, and surrounding areas have some interesting companies in the 5P Industries.
- BPM, Inc. in Peshtigo is an innovative manufacturer of specialty paper, converted products and packaging.
- Biorgin Specialty Products in Menomonee, MI produces Sustainable Paper Products for the Food Service industry includes Paper Bags, Food Containers, Sandwich Wraps, Tray Liners, Coffee Filters, etc. Biorgin Manufacturing facility in Lady Smith, WI produces Napkins, Paper Towels, Eco-Friendly Toilet Paper, and Wipes.
- Resolute Forest Products operates a recycled pulp mill that source 100% of its fiber from recovered paper.
- Kimber-Clark produces Shop Towel, Scott Rags-in-a-Box, Wypall wiping products and Viva paper towels for household and consumer use.
- St. Paper, LLC. produces bath tissue, paper towels, and napkins with facilities in Oconto Falls, Isle of Wight, VA, and a new facility in Duluth, MN.