The Green Bay Innovation Group would like to thank an outstanding group of speakers plus an excellent tour of Convergen Energy to better understand recycling plastics. We ALL recognize the impact of plastic waste on the planet. George W. Huber UW Chemical Engineering presentation on STRAP technology was exceptional using non-toxic solvents to produce food grade resins from previously unrecycled materials. UW Madison and Michigan Tech University have partnered to build a pilot system with expected completion at the end of 2023. After the final testing, the plans are to build a plant in Green Bay, WI.
The Green Bay Innovation Group will be assisting the Universities to raise $9 million dollars to build the first site. The Green Bay Innovation Group will be providing technical, marketing and business planning supporting the project!
Our Guest Speakers Included
- George Huber: UW Madison Engineering: Director of the Center for Chemical Upcycling of Waste Plastics (www.cuwp.org) and presenting new INNOVATE STRAP TECHNOLOGY for hard to recycle films and plastics.
- Ted Hansen: President of Convergen Energy producing renewable fuels and power for sustainable businesses by diverting by-products from landfills (www.convergenenergy.com)
- Colin Stewart and John Elliot: PRI (Plastics Recycling Systems)
- Evan Arnold – Vice President of Glenroy, Inc. leading the Product Development, Engineering and Quality Teams for the Flexible Packaging Industry. (www.glenroy.com)
- Douglas J. Peckenpaugh Group Publisher at BNP and Manager of Converters Expo