The Green Bay Innovation Group wants to thank Congressman Tom Tiffany for his efforts reaching out to Billerud regarding the Wisconsin Rapids Paper, Pulp and Converting facilities. We ALL recognize the importance and impact that shutting down that paper mill has had on the Wisconsin Paper, Pulp, Forestry and Supporting Industries. The facility was the premier manufacturer for the Graphic Arts and Converting Industries supporting a large number of Wisconsin and nationwide customers. We appreciate Billerud’s $1 Billion Dollar investment into their Michigan plants. Hopefully, they can move forward with the Wisconsin facilities!
We hear time and time again that the paper industry is dying and that is not the case in Northeastern Wisconsin! As we look at Paper and Pulp Industries, Wisconsin is turning the corner with some sizable investments.
- The Green Bay Packaging $500 million plus investment into a State-of-the-art paper mill completed after the 2 ½ year breaking ground with a huge financial impact on Northeastern Wisconsin!
- Green Bay Packaging Coated Division is adding onto their coated products division!
- Georgia-Pacific Breaks Ground on a $500 Million Expansion in Green Bay building a new paper machine plus moving forward with the new 1 million square foot distribution center in De Pere.
- ST Paper, LLC. completed the installation of a new tissue paper machine in Duluth, MN. ST. Paper has a tissue manufacturing facility in Oconto Falls.
- Pixelle Specialty Paper Solutions has started up a paper mill in Chillicothe, Ohio producing printing papers with a facility in Stevens Point.
- BPM, Inc. in Peshtigo is investing in upgrades to their current facilities.
- Neenah Paper, with multiple facilities in Wisconsin, has merged with SWM forming a company with $3 Billion Dollars in Sales. The new company name is MATIV.
- McKinley Paper based in Combined Locks is producing uncoated offset paper converting a machine that previously produced packaging grade papers. McKinley purchased Midwest Paper Group.
- Nine Dragons has finished the conversion of their paper manufacturing from lightweight coated groundwood papers to producing packaging papers.
- Ox Industries, Inc. acquired Corex, LLC. in Stevens Point. Ox Industries is the largest independently owned vertically integrated manufacturer of 100% recycled paper board and specialty products.